Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Busy

At work I have a desk calendar, which gives me an interesting fact and a quote every day. I've got a small collection of quotes building up in my wallet which have either touched me emotionally or reminded me of something or someone. The other day was pretty topical, and I've taken it to heart.

Become so wrapped up in something that you forget to be afraid.

So I am. Travelling has literally been on my mind non-stop for the last week, and I now have two notebooks; one for home and one for work, where I scribble down interesting titbits, ideas or flashes of inspiration. I have numerous savings plans and I am working my bloody socks off. After Friday, I would have done 17 hours of overtime in 7 days. That is insane. I've never even done 17 hours in one month before!

I've been getting on really well with Annie the last few days which is nice. She came over yesterday and went straight upstairs to my bed for a nap. I miss her in my bed. There's a slim chance we may both be in Sydney for Christmas / New Years 2012, so that would be an unexpected bonus. 

I argued with Sean this morning. I was still angry he took the piss out of Shepps. Sheppard is one my my best mates and one of the few people I can trust. As far as I'm concerned, loyalty and respect are massively important and Sean seems to lack both of them. I guess the fact I only have a year left of living with him is perhaps a blessing in disguise as he drives me mad at times. And not in a cute psychotic way like Annie used to. 

Ella seems very friendly on Skype this evening. Note to self: try a Crawfish Boil when in Boston. Looks like something from 'Man Vs Food' but more importantly, looks utterly delicious!

Early start tomorrow (bloody overtime) so time to wrap this up. We finally have a working cooker. However the boiler is still knackered. I want a shower. I'm also having a week off from the gym to rest up and recover, which means I have this sense of guilt all week. 

Just a thought, I swim for brighter days. And since I started this blog, I am been swimming relentlessly, and I feel better for it. I have a goal, I have something to work towards, and I have a dream. I have no idea where I will end up, but I'm optimistic brighter days are on the horizon. Just gotta keep swimming!





Luke

2 comments:

  1. I think that quote is one of the all-time best! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which one is that? The "Become so wrapped up in something..." or the "Do not wait for your ship to come in.."?

    Love them both :D

    ReplyDelete