Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Fun

I've been thinking about travelling alot recently. Well, more not travelling. I'm going. At least, I think there's only one thing that could stop me leaving. Annie and I were discussing this. She says that no matter what, she is leaving. In reality, I can't say I'm 100% going. I know that, should I meet someone tomorrow and fall head over heels in love, I know I won't go. 

I've felt recently that I'm ready. I'm ready to fall in love. It feels like it's just around the corner, which I appreciate sounds ridiculous. How do you know when you're going to meet that person? You don't. It meets you. But as each girl comes and goes, I get that little bit more excited. That little bit more attracted. I push her away a little less. A year ago, I had had enough. Women were the bane of my existence. And it's taken me this long to be content with being on my own and being self-sufficient, but now I'm beginning to think that I could start dating. There's alot of hunger in me. I have complete closure over Annie. It didn't just click like I expected, rather, it just fizzled. There's nothing attracting me to her anymore. In fact, I would go on record and say she is everything I don't want in a girl right now: She is a complete mess. Rude, self-centred, ignorant, miserable and lost. 

And I'm done with blondes. I think. Maybe.

The truth is, this time next year, there's only one thing that would beat sitting on that beach on Phi Phi. And that's being head-over-heels in love with somebody. 

I don't want to fall in love again. 

But I do. 

Regardless, the title of this post is 'Fun'. And I am 5 weeks and 2 days away from a week of absolute unadulterated and unbridled fun. Sun, Sea, Sand and BEAUTIFUL WOMEN. Hey, I'm a single man, shoot me ;)



And people always ask about you
And people always want to talk about you.



Luke

1 comment:

  1. I just had a very similar post! Funny how we are definitely both in that same stage of growth and development in life. I can't say I have complete closure over my ex, but I am well on my way to closure and every day feels a little bit better and I am on the lookout for "the one" which sounds so scary, but im getting to be that age where the next one could be the one or might not be. Scary thoughts! But its definitely time to start settling down and really picking wisely. By the way, if you DO want to travel, we should switch places! I'll stay in the UK, and you can come marvel at how LOVELY New Jersey is, lol! SOunds like a plan, right??? ;)

    ReplyDelete