My three-day weekend has now become a one-day weekend. There was supposed to be no system availability on Saturday. I was supposed to have Monday off as Annual Leave. This is a travesty. I have become totally unable to turn down double-rate overtime. My God, what has happened to me?!!
"In Becks We Believe".
We have however organised our next big night out. Having completely exhausted Pub Golf, I was entasked with thinking up a genius new idea for a night out. Something ground-breaking. Something Medway hadn't experienced before.
Pub Snooker.
This is very similar to Pub Golf in that it is a pub crawl with a scorecard.
List of available drinks:
RED (1 point) - any alcoholic drink of your choice
YELLOW (2 points) - White wine, larger, cider, vodka red bull, vodka orange
GREEN (3 points)- Apple Sours, Vodka & lime,
BROWN (4 points)- Baileys, Ale, B52
BLUE (5 points) - Blue WKD
PINK (6 points) - Pink Champagne, Pink Rose, Fruli
BLACK (7 points) - Guinness, Black Sambuca
So I now have our next big night out planned for Shepp's 21st. I may make it my Stag night again. I've already had two stag nights. Leigh and I tend to agree at the start of the night who is the Stag and who is the best man, and we get everyone in on the act. We tell the bar staff it's my Stag Do so I get free drinks throughout the night, and we tell women it's my Stag Do because for some reason women want what they can't have and they always try it on with the Stag or his best man.
Is this slightly pervy? Maybe. Does it work? You bet it does. Try it one night. Pretend it's your Stag Do or your Hen night and see how much more attention you get from the opposite sex.
If only I had this man's charisma. It would be legen.... wait for it... dary!!
I want to see 'Limitless'. I'm behind in terms of films. Films I still need to watch:
Shawshank Redemption,
Fight Club,
Green Mile,
Donnie Darko,
Napoleon Dynamite,
Casablanca,
Toy Story 3.
But it's okay because I have watched Cinderella Story, Ella Enchanted, Just Like Heaven, Raise Your Voice and Lesbian Vampire Killers.
Seriously, I should be shot.
Is Casablanca worth watching now? I'm a sucker for a romantic film, but have I missed the boat on this one?
So there I am, again thinking about travelling, minding my own business. I'm thinking about Australia, and then America, and then I began looking at entry requirements for emigration to both of them. And then all of a sudden POW!... This happens.
In the words of Monica Geller, "It just got interesting!"
Luke
Skilled worker self-assessment
Total point score
Your final score is: 69
Here is the breakdown of your total score:
| Factor | Maximum Points | Your Score | |
|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | Education | 25 | 15 |
| 2 | Language Ability | 24 | 18 |
| 3 | Work Experience | 21 | 21 |
| 4 | Age | 10 | 10 |
| 5 | Arranged Employment | 10 | 0 |
| 6 | Adaptability | 10 | 5 |
| Total Score | 100 | 69 | |
Pass mark
The pass mark as of September 18, 2003 is 67.
Did you pass?
If your mark from this test is the same or higher than the current pass mark, you may qualify to immigrate as a skilled worker.
If your mark is lower than the pass mark, you might not qualify to immigrate as a skilled worker at this time.
However, if you believe there are other factors that would help you to become economically established in Canada, you may still apply.
Send a detailed letter with your application explaining what these factors are and why they may help you successfully establish yourself in Canada.
Include any documents that support your claim.
_______________
Luke



What you said in your last comment meant the world to me. Thank you. Sometimes, it feels like nobody knows me at all.
ReplyDeletethestorytellersletterbox@gmail.com
It's not as lovely as words on paper, but any words of yours you wanted to share would still be lovely for me.
I literally just watched that episode of Friends... Good luck with your application, hope it all goes well!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't resist commenting. ella enchanted and raise your voice got a tick mark but not shawshank redemption? :O You are majorly missing out on some GOOD MOVIE SATISFACTION.
ReplyDeletePub snooker sounds like fun =)
Nice blog here.
Diana - You have mail ;)
ReplyDeleteCami - Thank you! I'm not sure if/when I will apply, I'm thinking it over. The fees are quite steep, so I want to get my head straight and work out where I want to go first. I may just start of with a working visa and then apply while I'm out there. Thanks so much for your comments :)
Delilah - Hey, 2 out of 3 ain't bad :) I ordered Casablanca, Shawshank, Green Mile and Fight Club last night, so I have plenty to watch. Thanks for your comments, I'll be sure to let you know how I find Shawshank :)
You haven't seen Donnie Darko? Man, you've really got to catch up on your films!
ReplyDeleteAnyways concerning your emigration score, I'm guessing it's good?
Hopefully everything else goes according to plan for you!
I know, I'm awful! It's on my 'to-watch' list though.
ReplyDeleteMy emigration score basically means that I should qualify for a permanent resident's visa in Canada, although the application will probably take around 12 months to process. Knowing I have family over there and I can get residency means Canada is very much a viable option for me now. I've got alot of thinking to do!
Thanks :) Hope you're well!