6 months ago I was:
Disheartened by the whole dating scene,
Feeling like I'm in the midst of a mid-life crisis,
A complete Sop,
Feeling like I'm in limbo,
Saving religously,
Drinking like a fish,
Smoking like a chimney,
Listening to The Baseballs.
And now...?
Disheartened by the whole dating scene,
Feeling like I'm in the midst of a mid-life crisis,
A complete Sop....
Fuck.
But hey, you know what, life is good. No. Life is great. I've learnt many valuable lessons. I've learnt that spunking £300 on clothes to impress a girl is both exhilirating and therapeutic (abit like watching 'The Expendables'), even if she only ever sees you in a suit at the office. I've also learnt that, even if you're not sure a girl likes you, it's dead fun to get in over your head and suspend disbelief. It's about the journey, not the destination, right? RIGHT?!! Sod the inevitable disappointment; that's when I'll give my good friend Coors Light a call and see if he wants to hang out.
Wait, my phone's ringing...
I learnt that I can be pretty calm and collected, despite my head screaming to her "PLEEEEASSSEEE LOOOVVEEEE MMEEEEE!!!" in true Bruce Almighty style. Unfortunately, for you guys as readers, my mind tends to ejaculate all the bullshit that I build up all over this blog, so I appreciate you all for helping clean up the mess.
This year I learnt that, no matter how hard I fight it, I will ALWAYS love the blondes. I see a group of girls and I make a bee-line for the blonde in the same way I would always plump for Cookie Dough over Phish Food or Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Like the lovely lady from last night. I don't care if she was mid-thirties, she had fantastic hair. I learnt that life is much more fun when wearing chinos and high-tops, and that wristbands are awesome, until you start giving them away to virgins on holiday to try and lure them into bed. So I've heard. From a friend. Of a friend.
But most importantly, I have learnt that no matter how confused, lost or disheartened you feel, there is nothing that cannot be solved with a crate of beer, a pack of 20 Richmond and a French girl named Florence.
I feel like I am living the teenage lifestyle I should have been living when I was 18. Instead, I was busy galavanting around Paris and paying off ludicrously overpriced engagement rings. I am the exhuberant, extrovert predator that I should have been back then. The chick-chasing, kiss-stealing, heart-breaking son of a gun.
Kind of.
Luke


6 months is a short time to have COMPLETELY changed, so no need to stress.
ReplyDeleteI really liked this post :)
ReplyDeleteYou know what, sometimes its good to say 'fuck it' and just live without thinking. I really lack that ability, so kudos, mate.
ReplyDeleteI love that you describe your mind as functioning like a penis. That oddly makes perfect sense, especially because you're male (no offense). I know your mind is a tad more advanced than the average penis, though :)
Dude, Phish Food is a dairy-filled masterpiece, don't bash on the Phish Food.
Lizzi - Thanks :) I guess I'm pretty content with who I am right now!
ReplyDeleteAnt - I'm glad you liked it, cheers!
Julia - Phish Food has got NOTHING on Cookie Dough. I'm sorry, but there's really no competition ;)