Wow.
I genuinely don't remember the last time I enjoyed a night that much. A cosy evening spent with Emma, chatting about anything and everything and watching The OC. We were watching the Season 1 finale, where Ryan leaves to go back to Chino with Teresa and Cohen sets sails on the Summer Breeze, and I genuinely thought she was going to cry. I cannot deal with crying women. I recall Annie bawling her eyes out the first time we watched The Notebook and I don't think I've ever been so uncomfortable, so I'm glad Emma managed to fight back the tears.
It seems the more time I spend with Emma, the more I become completely hooked on her, to the point where she quite literally dominates my thoughts. It's difficult to stop thinking "Oh, how do I look?" or "Is this shirt and tie combination aesthetically pleasing?" when you're in the office knowing you could bump into her at any minute. I know she likes me aswell, which is a great feeling and it fills me with confidence, something I typically struggle with. I'm the kind of guy that will never try pulling a girl unless I'm 100% sure she's into me. I hate rejection like I hate Arctic Roll. And take away the social lubricant that is beer and I couldn't even pull a muscle.
Sponge is good. Ice cream is good. But for the love of God, not together!!
I'm looking forward to taking her out for a proper proper date when I get back from Boston. It's tough timing, but I get to see her Monday evening before the flight on Wednesday morning so I'm buzzing about that. I just need to try and get my Boston head on and get excited. Unfortunately, I'm going to be spending a week with Ella but all week I'll be thinking of Emma. I'm excited to see Ella again after all these years and I know we'll have a right laugh, but that kind of excitement has got nothing over pure, unbridled infatuation. It's nice to have a blog to write in so that I can openly admit this girl has some sort of crazy spell on me without fear of anyone immediate to me knowing that.
So I'm hoping Ella doesn't think anything will happen between us in Boston, because it won't. Although Emma and I haven't technically been on a proper date yet, I am really not interested in anyone else and I plan on keeping it in my trousers next week.
The most entertaining Nicklas Bendtner has ever been.
Did I just buy a Santa toilet seat cover on my lunch break? Why yes, yes I did.
Today I have been in an incredibly festive mood. 92 days until the big day, but more importantly, just 70 short days until the Chrismukkah party! Is this too early to be feeling festive? I'm probably making up for last year when I was the most hackneyed of Scrooges. This year, Mr Christmas returns with a bang.
So the other day, I was thinking about dating and I thought "Where do I take Emma?". Sean recently took his Sarah to a fancy hotel in London and to see a show, and I know it cost him an absolute fortune. I don't have this kind of money, so I need to be a little more creative. Plus I always think big gestures like that lack individuality; you can be alot cuter and more personal than that when it comes to dating and spend a fraction of the cost. So completely randomly, my friend posted a photo of her Boyce Avenue tickets on her Facebook. Turns out Boyce Avenue are playing in London on Nov 3rd. Now, not many people have heard of Boyce Avenue on these shores (which is both shocking and appalling) so there were still tickets available. Then I remembered one of the first conversations I ever had with Emma about how much we had in common and how we liked the same music and lo and behold she mentioned she also loves abit of the Boyce.
See where I'm going with this...?
So I ordered two tickets to see them in the hope that when Nov 3rd comes round, we'll either be a couple or at least still be dating. Possibly quite optimistic, but at £23 a ticket it's not breaking the bank and I know that if things are going well, she will absolutely LOVE it. I'm a fan of the 'gig date' particularly if you're seeing someone like Boyce, Death Cab, Paolo Nutini...
Tonight I'll be heading to the pub for a hard-earned cold one with Martin, Chris and a few others. My '52 Beers in 52 Weeks' challenge is still going strong, although I think I'm a few behind so I need to pick up the pace. I also have my next CII Insurance exam to study for; a problem when you're working 6-day weeks and finding just enough time between gym and football to catch up with Mr Schuester and the gang, let alone study. I left school 5 years ago but these damn textbooks will not bloody jog on.
Luke



Honestly, I'm jealous (see my latest post for explanation). I'm happy for you though. It's a great feeling to have someone on your mind constantly. It's like a chemical high, only the chemical is some sort of mixture of excitement, longing, caring, and dare I say a dash of love? It's intoxicating, and overwhelming, but a good kind of overwhelming; one that is easily handled and wanted. Enjoy this. I wish you two the absolute best. By the way, reading this only helps give me hope that one day I'll find "my Emma". ;D
ReplyDeleteps:I was listening to this Lily Allen-sampled T-Pain song when I read this, and thought it was perfect. The link is posted below :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj1DR5BhOd8