Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain
Today has been a good day. Despite the weather, the sheer mountains of work and the realisation that I indeed need to grow my hair back to pre-Magaluf length, I have had a grand day.
Today, 'The Head and The Heart' announced they are playing in Boston on the 30th September, which is fantastic. I'm hoping Ella is a fan of melodic folky pop aswell, although I'm not optimistic. That girl listens to some strange music. I like to look at The Pierces, I don't like to listen to The Pierces.
I'm thinking of asking Martin if he wants to come travelling with me. He did express an interest, but I've always said it's something I need to do on my own. I wanted to 'find' myself so to speak, but I'm toying with the idea of letting him come along because, like me, he is desperate to leave here and he is my best friend. The only problem with this is that I have absolutely no intention of returning to Medway. My dream is to go travelling, find my happy place and stay there. Find work, find love, find a home. In my bedroom right now is a photo of my old 'happy place' - The Charles Bridge in Prague. This was the bridge that I proposed to Annie on and I look at it and remember how happy I was at that moment in time, and how nothing else mattered. Granted, people change and people grow apart and it's time I found a new 'happy place' because, right now, my 'happy place' is on the workout bench in the gym with Martin and a couple of dumbells. It's the only time I feel like I can relax and unwind.
There's no system availability in the office this weekend, which means I have 2 days off. And absolutely no plans. I feel like I have the world at my feet. And all I can think of is that the garden needs weeding and the damp in the loft needs clearing. Sometimes I wish I could live in squalor and not give a damn.
So anyway, tonight I have a sachet of butterscotch Angel Delight and freshly washed bed covers so I plan on sitting in front of the TV and doing absolutely nothing. Meatballs and Pasta followed by The OC and Angel Delight. Ahhh. Let it be noted that Wednesday the 20th of July 2011 has been a great day.
Luke
No comments:
Post a Comment