Yesterday could have been a disaster.
When Annie and I broke up, for around 3 weeks I was living alone in the big scary house. I won't lie; every little creak and footstep scared the shit out of me. I met Emma a couple of weeks after breaking up with Annie and we got pretty close. If I ever refer to a girl called 'Peppa', this is Emma. And yes, I am her 'Salt'. She would stay over alot and we would hang out most evenings. It was lovely having some company around the house. She was part-rebound, part-great friend, and to this day she is still a fantastic friend and someone who I can count on.
When Annie and I broke up, for around 3 weeks I was living alone in the big scary house. I won't lie; every little creak and footstep scared the shit out of me. I met Emma a couple of weeks after breaking up with Annie and we got pretty close. If I ever refer to a girl called 'Peppa', this is Emma. And yes, I am her 'Salt'. She would stay over alot and we would hang out most evenings. It was lovely having some company around the house. She was part-rebound, part-great friend, and to this day she is still a fantastic friend and someone who I can count on.
Anyway, picture the scene. It's a bright and sunny Sunday morning in the middle of June, around 9am. There's a knock on the front door. Turns out Annie has decided to pay me an unscheduled visit. Unfortunately, I happen to be upstairs in the bed with Emma at the time, so I rush downstairs and let Annie in so she could pick up some of her things. I tell her I have a friend upstairs who just needed a place to crash. "We are just friends" I assure her.
So she walks through the dining room into the kitchen and I ask her if she wants a quick smoke. "Yeah sure", she says. She's not the kind of girl to turn down a free cigarette. She takes her gum out of her mouth and steps on the pedal for the bin in the kitchen to lift the lid. And guess what she finds on top of the bin?
Yep, a condom wrapper.
The moral of this story is: Don't be a fool, wrap your tool. But equally, once finished, dispose of it in a place your ex-fiancee isn't ever likely to see it.
I don't think I've ever felt so guilty and so sorry in my entire life.
So Annie and Emma didn't exactly get of to the best of starts. And then, not knowing Annie was invited to the BBQ on Sunday, I invited Emma along. It had 'disaster' written all over it. I was fully expecting another hissy-fit from Annie. I've kind of got used to them by now, but still, I didn't want Annie to make Emma feel uncomfortable or awkward. Luckily, I needn't have worried. Bar the first 5 minutes or so, it was all plain sailing and I'm not even sure Annie knew that Emma was that Emma. It's a pretty common name after all. Poor old Peppa was a tad shocked when she walked out into the garden to see Annie sitting on our step!
The BBQ was a huge success. Turns out I'm not half bad at cooking chicken and burgers. My barbequed bananas were not quite as popular though.
My Top Five Songs Right Now
Augustana - Maybe
Jack's Mannequin - My Racing Thoughts
Carolina Liar - When You Are Near
Dry The River - No Rest
Songs: Ohia - Just Be Simple
Credit to Cami for introducing me to Carolina Liar - Thank you so much!
Startling Realisation ofthis Last Week
500 Days of Summer is quickly becoming my favourite movie.
Startling Realisation of
500 Days of Summer is quickly becoming my favourite movie.
Watching it through on Saturday night, it brought back so many memories of Annie and the times we spent together. We used to be like Tom and Summer, albeit marginally less good-looking. The scene that always tugs on my heart strings is the Ikea scene. Our favourite place to go was Ikea, and we would muck around in there all the time, just like Tom and Summer. On the flip side, this film also brings back plenty of memories of when we started falling apart.
"Did you ever do this, you think back on all the times you've had with someone and you just replay it in your head over and over again and you look for those first signs of trouble?"
Everything about the film is completely perfect and I genuinely cannot find a fault in the film whatsoever, be it the writing, the cast, the acting or the music. This film is a perfect representation of what it's like to fall hopelessly helplessly in love and then have your heart run over by a metaphorical truck, complete with all the emotional imbalance that comes with it.
"Roses are red. Violets are blue. Fuck you, whore".
Most Productive Use of Office Time
So I am pretty much becoming Mr. Scorecard. Pub Snooker is going to be huge.
So to wrap this up, I wanted to end on something masculine. I don't have a great deal of male readers. The reasons for this could be:
- There are more female bloggers than male,
- My mutual interests tend to be very 'metrosexual',
- I tend to follow female bloggers (not literally) because they are often deeper and more insightful,
- I am a big girl's blouse and other blokes don't give a toss about my love life.
So, men of the blogging world, hear my cry! For you, I give you:
LUKE'S FANTASY FOOTBALL TEAM 2011/12
GK - De Gea - Man Utd - £6.5
GK - Begovic - Stoke -£5.0
DEF - Jose Enrique - Newcastle - £5.0
DEF - Shawcross - Stoke - £5.0
DEF - Johnson - Liverpool - £7.0
DEF - Vermaelen - Arsenal - £7.0
DEF - Luiz - Chelsea - £6.5
MID - Downing - Liverpool - £8.5
MID - N'Zogbia - Aston Villa - £7.5
MID - Taarabt - QPR - £6.5
MID - Pennant - Stoke - £6.0
MID - Cabaye - Newcastle - £6.0
STR - Ba - Newcastle - £6.5
STR - Wickham - Sunderland - £6.0
STR - Torres - Chelsea - £11.0
I've taken a few gambles, but I'm optimistic I can take home the gold.
AND A MANLY SONG! LET'S GO!
Luke



"Don't be a fool, wrap your tool." This made me laugh uncontrollably. No idea why, it just did.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your BBQ went well, despite the fact that Annie could have ruined it if she would have known who Emma was.
500 Days of Summer is one of my favorite films. The cinematography is amazing!
And yes, there is definitely more female bloggers than male... I don't really know why though.
Condom wrapper. rofl!
ReplyDeleteAnd the ratio of female to male bloggers looks like a 25:1. It is difficult to find guys who can write =)
No trouble, glad you like them - I always feel very honoured when I influence someone's musical tastes, even in the tiniest way!
ReplyDeleteLizzie - I'm glad I could make you chuckle :D And yes, alot of female Bloggers. I guess guys tend to bottle up their opinions alot more. I've struggled to find interesting guy's blogs round here!
ReplyDeleteDelilah - Oh it was horrible! Poor old Annie! And yes, I have found very few guy's blogs worth reading. It's difficult. Thanks for your comment :)
Cami - I can't thank you enough. I have been listening to their album all week and I LOVE it. Where has this band been all my life?!