Saturday, 16 July 2011

AWOL

Day 3 without my laptop. This life of FIFA and Man vs Food is actually not half bad. So this week has dragged incredibly, and even though I write this on Thursday morning, I still see no light at the end of the tunnel. I am working another 8-hour Overtime shift on Saturday, which effectively means another 1-day weekend. Sunday is Papa's Birthday, so I am relying on Discount Supplements to provide me with much-needed inspiration and next-day delivery. Typically, my Dad would get a tube of pringles and a cheap bottle of Hock and he would be over the moon with that, but I'm thinking this year I'll get him something gym-related. Having 8 Brothers and Sisters has it's downfalls; I dread to think how much I shell out over the course of the year on Birthdays and at Christmas.
 
Which reminds me, Sean and I finally found the time to watch another episode of The OC last night. And lo and behold, it was a Chrismukkah episode! This got us thinking about Chrismukkah this year and how we can beat last year's effort. If you were not aware, Chrismukkah is the hybrid holiday that combines the best that Christianity (Christmas) and Judaism (Hannukah) have to offer. It's typically for mixed Jewish and Christian families, however due to our ludicrous obsession with anything Orange County, we celebrate it in our humble abode. Last year was our first ever Chrismukkah party and it went down like a storm. This year needs to be bigger, better, and with an extra helping of Chrismukkah miracle.
 
So I am expecting a visit from Annie tonight. I need to tell her I'm going to Boston in September. I'm torn. With regards to her food and eating, she naturally has 'good' days and 'bad' days. I know 100% that this will anger her, so I'm debating whether it's best to tell her on a good day or a bad day. I can't seem to decide, so I think I'll just tell her this evening, because she needs to know. If she finds out through someone else, she'll be even more angry. Sometimes I wish I didn't care what other people think.
 
So, this evening should be a barrell of laughs. Good job I have Big Bang Theory to watch post-Annie.
 
I have been tasked by Ella to write up a list of things I want to do when I'm in Boston. So far, I have:
 
Sex,
Cuddles, 
Beer.
 
I'd like to see her reaction when I turn up in Boston with these three things scribbled on a Post-It. I need to check to see what's on tap for the arenas in Boston and find out if any of my favourite US bands are playing, because if Jack's Mannequin are performing, I'll be there like swim wear.
 
 
 
--- Next Day ---
 
Annie didn't show. I should have expected this. After all, I'm always second to whatever else she has planned. So the anticipated fireworks failed to materialise, which is a shame because I was psyched and ready to unleash this particular torpedo of truth. I still have no laptop, which is frustrating. I am writing this post on my work computer, during work hours, because this Fees work is so damn boring. I sure do miss reading people's Blogs and I'm hoping I haven't missed any life-changing revelations.
 
Last night was tough. I woke up at around 3am with horrific heart palpatations and breathlessness. My heart beat felt so irregular and I was genuinely worried. It took me 45 very uncomfortable minutes to get back to sleep and I came very close to getting up and going downstairs, pouring a Decaff and catching up on Destination X. Nope, that's not a dodgy porno, it's a wrestling PPV. Yep, I still watch wrestling.
 
Earlier in the week I started working out some figures and sums, and at this moment in time, my savings are around £750 ahead of schedule. This is flipping fantastic considering I have already paid for my flights to Boston. This month I have smashed the overtime again (27hours of double-time after Saturday with 2 more weekends to go this calendar month) so I have a nice cushion in case the overtime dries up. Here is my master plan. Right now I am studying for my next CII Insurance Qualification. I am aiming to complete the remaining two exams I need to get this qualification by the end of the year, which means I want to get the one I am currently studying for passed by the end of September. Then, in the new year I will start my driving lessons again (having already done 40 hours or so) and aim to pass my driving test by the end of March. That gives me 2 months (April and May) to tie up all the loose ends and sell all my belongings.
 
I have a collection of WCW Videos in my loft, probably around 20. I don't want to sell them. Granted, they are worth at least £100, but they are my babies! If I have to sell them, I think I will cry. Macho, manly tears.
 
 
 
 
 Luke

4 comments:

  1. My God, I envy your flair for adventure. And ability to write with such an educated-souding air. Anywho, quick question, because I'm sort of a new reader and I guess I missed earlier explanation; but who's Annie? To you, I mean, not in general...

    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you! I don't profess to be a writer, its more of a diary but I'm glad I'm not completely incoherent! Thanks so much for reading!

    Annie is the ex-fiancee. We were together for 4 years and lived together, and we broke up last June. I think one of my first ever blog posts was about her. I believe it was one of those 'Blog Challenges' things. 'Describe your first love' or something along those lines in case you were curious :D

    You have a lovely day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heavens above, your chaos worries me. I hope you are taking care of yourself, love, and that you talk to someone about the heart palpitations.
    I have to admit, your work ethic never ceases to amaze me - someday, you'll have to write and tell me all about what your going to do with all the money you've saved.

    Forgive the worrying - it's a big sister syndrome. I hope you get your laptop back soon. You've been missed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana my darling, your comments always make me smile! It's nice to know there's someone out there looking out for me ;) I'm off to see Did again tomorrow, I'll keep you posted!

    I think I'll do a breakdown of my exact plans in a post when I get my laptop back (which should hopefully be tomorrow). I miss my Blog! X

    ReplyDelete