Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Day 8: A Place You've Travelled To

Well I've not ever travelled outside Europe. Every summer seems to be the same Greek or Spanish Islands (Crete, Corfu, Zante, Magaluf etc.) but my favourite place I've been is Prague.

I've been there twice, both times with Annie, and I LOVED it. The most beautiful city in the world, the Czech are alot more polite than the British or indeed the French, and the city itself is brimming with culture and class. Annie's mother is Czech, and we stayed with Annie's Grandmother both times in Prague which was both cheap and lovely. This was also where we got engaged. I proposed on the Charles Bridge, which was the same bridge Annie's Dad proposed to her Mum on. The Czech food is hit or miss; alot of it is very heavy-going, with alot of meats and fish. However, you're never too far away from a pizza or a slice of cake, so it's all good.

I'm trying to avoid taking another painful trip down memory lane, so here are just a few photos of our trips to Prague.












Luke

2 comments:

  1. Prague looks amazing...I wish It were one of my tour destinations. You are so lucky to live where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's beautiful, so romantic. I haven't been to a nicer place in Europe!

    ReplyDelete