Thursday, 31 March 2011

Progress

So tomorrow I'll be taking a trip to the bank to set up a savings account and a standing order for the maximum I can afford straight into it every month. I've been plotting my route... seems general consensus is go with Sta Travel, so how about this for a route...

UK → Bangkok → overland → Singapore → Darwin → overland → Sydney → Auckland → San Francisco → overland → New York → UK

That literally sounds amazing. If I can find work in Australia, I could stay out there for, say, 6 months. Spend around a month everywhere else. I have Ella in Boston who I could potentially haggle for some cheap accommodation.

Oh it's all so exciting. I have my little blue book where I'm working out my budgets, my savings plans etc. After tomorrow, this shit gets real. I love it. 

I need to write a long post soon when I get the chance to talk about (note to self) the house, work, and all the other nitty gritty details. But there is now a real possibility that this time next year, I'll be in a dirty little hostel in Bangkok. Glorious.




Luke

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I adore your writing. Thanks for the advice as well. Your travel itinerary looks incredible. Can't wait to read about your travel adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kayleigh! I'm really not a writer, I write how I talk! This is more of a diary, but appreciate it the compliment. No problem with the advice, and I'll make sure I keep everyone bang up to date with all my travel talk :)

    ReplyDelete