I am Reaganing. A magic zone of error-free living, a term coined by Jack (Alec Baldwin) in 30 Rock. It has literally been the greatest day since, well, last Tuesday (my Birthday!)
Last night was WONDERFUL. Martin and I were having a few beers and watching 'Take Me Out'. I'm feeling good because Hollie is still there, so I get to see her next week aswell. She's AMAZING. Then the phone goes..
"Hey..."
"What's up"
"Nothing, did you not want to talk?"
"Nope"
Put the phone down. So difficult to do. It put me in a bad mood, but after what she did, I don't need any of that, she's just a complete head-fuck. So I was uber determined to go and enjoy myself, despite promising myself I wouldn't go out this weekend.
Needless to say, we ended up at Coyotes, and in typical Martin-Luke fashion, we couldn't just have an ordinary night. Oh no. We went for Catchphrases. Everything we said throughout the night had to be a catchphrase of some sort. There were some absolutely hilarious moments, such as shouting to Donna that "We were on a break!" when she said I had slept with Emma, and Martin with the inevitable yet exquisitely timed "Damn!" when talking to the Fender. Brilliant.
Anyway I woke up this morning with a graduation hat at the end of my bed and red marks all over my shirt. It was a messy night, but it was exactly what the Doctor ordered. The hangover wasn't half as bad as I was expecting. Then two people really made me smile today. First of all, the lovely Ella. Always brings out the Cheshire Cat grin in me when speaking to her. Then there's Rosie. An old acquaintance. She is an absolute wreck-head, but she is absolutely adorable and we have been getting on like a house on fire. But here's the deal...
- Annie fools around with one my 'good' friends. Neither of them tell me.
- Annie and Rosie used to be good friends.
- They don't really talk anymore. Rosie says Annie has changed, she's very difficult to talk to and quite rude.
- Up until a few weeks ago, they hadn't spoken for years.
- Rosie really likes me.
My question is this: Is Rosie out of bounds on account of her being an old friend of Annie? Or should I even give a damn because clearly Annie and Matt had no boundaries? Would I be just as bad as Annie if Rosie and I dated? Opinions please!!
I've spent today cleaning, listening to the radio and chilling out. Got rid of the damp in the loft and hoovered the bedroom. Rosie said she wants to come round Saturday night. The plan is:
- Pizza
- Popcorn
- Wine
- The Truman Show
- Never Back Down
- The Notebook
- The Hangover
I'm not going to lie. If we are on the wine, watching The Notebook, there's a good sporting chance we are going to end up in bed together. So it will be interesting to see if I back out during the week on account of my morals. But right now, I'm just enjoying Reaganing. Today has been a perfect day. There's only one way to end a day like today: Time to return to Orange County to catch up with Seth, Ryan and the gang. I love life.
Luke
No comments:
Post a Comment